Thursday, May 7, 2015

4th Challenge of Fabric Printing at home ~ Rubbings
May 7th, 2015
Come join the fun and guess for prizes!  I won this time!!
Here is Julie's blog ~
Julie B Booth ~ threadbornblog.com

So I used the same tools from my previous textured pieces and decided to do my rubbings from those. They turned out ok.  I like the rice rubbing the best.  Top left hand corner.  The mesh fruit bag is the top right and bottom left corners.  I used a texture plate I have for the bottom right hand corner.  I do like that one a lot, although it is not something from the kitchen!

I decided to go through my kitchen drawers to find anything else I could use.  I came up with a grater and a plastic jar opener.  The grater came out nicely. 
 
I have been sick all week and drinking a lot of tea with lemon in it.  I cut the last of the lemon and had the very end of it left, so I decided it would be fun to see what it printed like.  I think I like that the best! Purple lemons!

 

1 comment:

  1. fun challenge Deb -- I love using crayons and paints on fabrics, and finding things around the house to use for rubbings is one of my favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete